[DFTB-Plus-User] MD simulation with Plumed

Jan Knaup janknaup at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 12:13:22 CEST 2020

Hi Simona and Bálint,

as far as I know, Plumed will by default always read an existing HILLS file
and add to it. The RESTART option affects other output files and possibly
the values of internal variables for methods like well-tempered
metadynamics.
The timestep and simulation time are taken from the code driving the MD,
i.e. you have to make sure to set the correct restart values there. The
behavior you want is probably achieved by adding RESTART at the top of the
plumed config file and setting DFTB+ to count the time step from where you
left off. Ir is important to have RESTART as the first option in your plued
file.

Jan M. Knaup                      | JanKnaup at gmail.com

Am Fr., 12. Juni 2020 um 09:48 Uhr schrieb Bálint Aradi <aradi at uni-bremen.de