[DFTB-Plus-User] IR intensity

DFTB Software dftbsoftware at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 12:25:43 CEST 2020

dear Moyassr

I am also interested in it!

it is a first guess:

DFTB+ uses Energy to calculate Hessian by using numerical differentiation.
So in principle all the dipole moments of the displaced geometry are either
saved or if not, by simple editing of the source file it can be saved.

These information can used to make rate of change of the dipolemoment w.r.t
vibrational modes. I think you have to use mass weighted coordinates of the
normal modes in the differentiation procedure.

Mohan