[DFTB-Plus-User] Problem with the geometry section in the input file

Mat Toliday djlets2004 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 21 17:24:38 CET 2020

 Check the file gen file name and location is correct, it should be in the same folder as the dftb_in.hsd file and called geometry.gen (typos happen :( ). That error suggests that it can't find the .gen file or the file is not accessible to the dftb+ executable (incorrect file permissions) or maybe the text encoding is incorrect (but I'm not sure about the last one).I hope this helps.Mat

Dear Mat and Bálint,

I have added the last four lines (the cell center and cell vectors). The job seems to be working fine now as I included in the geometry within the input file. However, it did not work when I made it (the same coordinates with the cell center and vectors) in a separate file! It still gives me the same error:

Reading input file 'dftb_in.hsd'ERROR!-> HSD parser error: File 'dftb_in.hsd', Line    2.-> Error in opening file 'geometry.gen'.

It didn't work also when I treated it as a cluster by changing the letter S in the first line to C (in this case without the last 4 lines of the cell center and vectors).