[DFTB-Plus-User] Problem with geometry convergence

Benjamin Hourahine benjamin.hourahine at strath.ac.uk
Mon Dec 30 13:27:13 CET 2019

Hello Alessandro,

it is a direct replacement for the conjugate gradient geometry driver:

Driver = LBFGS {

See the manual for details.

Regards

Ben

On 20/12/2019 15:33, Alessandro LANDI wrote:
Dear Bálint,
thank you very much for your answer. However, I do not fully understand where you modified the input: in the attached dftb_in.hsd you sent me I still see "Driver = ConjugateGradient", and the only two differences I see are "MixingParameter = 0.2" and "MaxForceComponent = 1.E-4". Where did you set the LBFGS optimizer? Am I missing something?

Best regards,
Alessandro