[DFTB-Plus-User] Requesting additional accessor functions in the DFTB+ api (or libdftb+)

Nitant Gupta nitant.gupta at rice.edu
Tue Dec 17 10:12:25 CET 2019

Dear Bálint,

Thanks for the encouragement. I will make the required request. I
think with the ability to obtain stress-tensor, box relaxation is also
possible externally.

As for the usage of the internal relaxation by the API, I was just
wondering that if the goal is to eventually also relax the supercell,
it may be faster(?) to have DFTB+ do the ionic relaxation, while the
external code (e.g. MM) can do the box relaxation. If however there
shouldn't be any difference in the speed then perhaps it is not useful.

Best regards,
Nitant

--
Nitant Gupta