[DFTB-Plus-User] Parallel OpenMP with the DFTB+ API

Bálint Aradi aradi at uni-bremen.de
Tue Nov 26 16:37:41 CET 2019

Dear David,

> Simply doing 'export OMP_NUM_THREADS=6' and running my code is just
> using 1 thread. I did manage to run DFTB+ directly on 6 threads with
> the above command though...

Actually, that should work exactly this way. Are you sure, you linked
the right (threaded) lapack/blas libraries to your application, when you
linked it with the library?

Note: When you compile DFTB+ with API support (-DWITH_API) and install
it (via `make install`), it will create
_install/lib/pkgconfig/dftbplus.pc. This file contains the flags which
were used to link the DFTB+ standalone. If that standalone shows proper
threading behaviour, an application using the library (which was
produced during the same build) should show it as well, provided you use
the same flags.