[DFTB-Plus-User] OpenMP with DFTB+

Bálint Aradi aradi at uni-bremen.de
Thu Nov 21 18:09:03 CET 2019

Dear Alessandro,

Most probably, your linked LAPACK / BLAS libraries which are not
threaded. In usual calculations DFTB+ spends over 90% of its runtime in
the diagonalisation routine of the external library. It that is not
threaded, you basically won't see any effects when allowing threads.

Make sure, you link threaded LAPACK and BLAS implementation to the code.

You could also try to use the binary from

http://www.dftbplus.org/download/dftb-stable/

as that is linked against a performant and threaded library.