[DFTB-Plus-User] iterated process of MD jobs

전영인 yijhon at uos.ac.kr
Sun Nov 17 14:02:58 CET 2019

Dear Bálint

Thank you for answers, Bálint.

I have some questions on "output" fuction of DFTB+.

1. Can I generate a file of last atomic velocities (similarly to geo_end.gen for the position) after completion of a MD work, so that I can insert it in the input of new work?

2. For parallel running (4 prcoesses) of "mpirun -np 4 -machinefile $PBS_NODEFILE dftb+", do I have to explicitly describe group = 4 (not 1) in Parallel section?

Otherwise, can I omit it?

Even though it was omitted, I found that "mpirun -np 4 ..." worked without error. Wasn't it parallelized despite "mpirun -p 4 ..."?

3. The manual indicates that use of MDRestartFrequency would enable to save cooridnate, velocties, and charges (if scc is used), while overriding certain output file for them every MDRestartFrequency.

What output file will be created for periodic saving (for MDRestartFrequecy) of cooridnates, velocties, charges of atoms?

After the completion of running, I cannot find information of atomic velocities in any output file (md.out, detailed.out and std.out).

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Young