[DFTB-Plus-User] Phonon dispersion using single k-point hessian calculations.

Benjamin Hourahine benjamin.hourahine at strath.ac.uk
Tue Nov 5 11:46:26 CET 2019

Hello Ansh,

the k-points refer to the electronic structure only, not the phonon band
structure (often the momenta there is labeled with q).

You can use phonopy to calculate dispersions, see

https://dftbplus-recipes.readthedocs.io/en/latest/properties/phonopy.html

for a worked example.

Regards

Ben

--
        Dr.  B.  Hourahine,  Senior  lecturer
            SUPA, Department  of  Physics,
  +44 141 548 2325, benjamin.hourahine at strath.ac.uk

The  Department is  a partner  in SUPA,  the Scottish
            Universities Physics Alliance

The University  of Strathclyde  is a  charitable body,
       registered in Scotland, number SC015263