[DFTB-Plus-User] Phonon dispersion using single k-point hessian calculations.

Anshu Gaur agaur at iitk.ac.in
Tue Nov 5 08:36:43 CET 2019

Dear All,

I am wondering if it is possible to calculate phonon dispersion for a
periodic structure by calculating hessian matrix (and corresponding
frequencies using 'modes') at various k-points (single k-point at a
time)? If we use "supercellFolding" to define k-points for the
calculation of hessian matrix, is this a k-point average hessian matrix
or just one point (k=0) hessian matrix?

Regards,

Anshu

--