[DFTB-Plus-User] R: Similar files give different results in DFTB-NGEF transportOnly calculations

Alessandro Pecchia pecchia at ing.uniroma2.it
Wed Sep 4 08:52:02 CEST 2019

Dear Amit,

I quickly checked your structure and found a problem. You made it almost right, but if you look at the atoms of contact 1 (121:240) you see that the first PL is the one placed far from the device region.

Therefore the interaction Hamiltonian is 0 and T(E)=0.

You have just to reverse the order of the first and second PL of contact 1. Contact 2 seems ok.

However, since all of this is a little annoying, please have a look at setupgeom described both in the manual as well as in the dftb+ tutorial (recipes).

Thanks for using dftb+,

Alessandro Pecchia