[DFTB-Plus-User] DFTB+ 19.1 installation

Bálint Aradi aradi at uni-bremen.de
Thu Jul 18 12:07:26 CEST 2019

Dear Anshu,

this problem often arises with the intel compiler, when the library was
compiled with a different compiler settings as DFTB+. The culprit is
usually the

-standard-semantics

option, which is by default present in the make.x86_64-linux-intel
makefile in DFTB+. If this options is not present during ELSI
compilation, but present during DFTB+ compilation, you won't be able to
link the library with the DFTB+ executable due to different name mangling.

* Either recompile ELSI after adding the '-standard-semantics' option to
the Fortran compiler options.

* or alternatively, recompile DFTB+ after replacing the
'-standard-semantics' option with the '-assume realloc_lhs' option.
Note: One of the two options must be present during the compilation,
otherwise you will get various segfaults, since DFTB+ makes use of F2003
feature of automatic left hand side allocation of allocatables.