[DFTB-Plus-User] DFTB+ 19.1 released

Bálint Aradi aradi at uni-bremen.de
Mon Jul 1 18:09:23 CEST 2019

Dear DFTB+ community,

After ten months of work, we are proud to announce the next DFTB+
release. The new stable version (DFTB+ 19.1) contains major
improvements, these include

* faster and better-scaling parallel solvers,

* GPU acceleration,

* non-equilibrium Greens's function transport and embedding,

* faster TD-DFTB excited state calculations,

* hybrid functional calculations

* the possibility to compile DFTB+ as a library and to embed it into
  other simulation packages.

For further details and to download, please visit the release page:

http://www.dftbplus.org/download/dftb-stable/

We would like to thank you for all your feedback and contributions
which shaped this release. We hope you will find DFTB+ 19.1 useful
for your scientific work and are looking forward to further comments,
suggestions and contributions in the future.

The DFTB+ developers