[DFTB-Plus-User] Fwd: problem with installation

Farzad Molani f.molani at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 10:01:18 CEST 2019

Dear DFTB users,
I want to install the newest version of DFTB+. The source and executable
files from http://www.dftbplus.org/download/dftb-stable/  have been
downloaded and untarred. I try to install the software based on
instructions on INSTALL.rst, but I got the following error after the make.
.
.
.
.
w.o dispuffdata.o inputdata.o pmlocalisation.o repcont.o repspline.o
reppoly.o xlbomd.o extlagrangian.o linresp.o linrespgrad.o qm.o
linrespcommon.o arpack.o eigensolver.o typegeometry.o simplemixer.o
numderivs2.o potentials.o thirdorder.o charges.o dftbplusu.o geoopt.o
steepdesc.o gdiis.o orbitalequiv.o broydenmixer.o stress.o etemp.o
hermite.o factorial.o intrinsicpr.o mixer.o andersonmixer.o
elecconstraints.o angmomentum.o eigenvects.o parser.o hsdutils2.o
unitconversion.o oldcompat.o typegeometryhsd.o oldskdata.o densitymatrix.o
populations.o repulsive.o spinorbit.o forces.o
 -L/home/fmolani/DFTB+/dftbplus-18.2/_build/external/xmlf90 -lxmlf90
 -L/home/fmolani/DFTB+/dftbplus-18.2/_build/external/fsockets -lfsockets
-L/apps/intel/2015/composer_xe_2015.3.187/mkl/lib/intel64 -lmkl_intel_lp64
-lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core  -larpack -liomp5
ld: cannot find -larpack
make[1]: *** [dftb+] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/fmolani/DFTB+/dftbplus-18.2/_build/prog/dftb+'
make: *** [dftb+] Error 2

I would appreciate to help me to solve the problem.
Best regards, Farzad
--
Farzad Molani
Postdoctoral Research Fellow