[DFTB-Plus-User] test of installation

Bálint Aradi aradi at uni-bremen.de
Mon Jan 7 11:12:54 CET 2019

Dear Young,

> I've got the information about autotest
> in http://www.dftbplus.org/fileadmin/DFTB-Plus/public/howtos/compiling/compiling.pdf.

I see. That's an outdated document (which is not linked from anywhere at
our websites, I hope). I have removed that document now.

> I preferred to download the complied exercutable file rather than
> compiling it.

The executable available for download has been already tested. As it is
a statically linked executable without dependencies, it should work fine
on any systems it can be run at.

> INSTALL.rst indicates that I shoud use "make test" for the test of the
> complied file. However, it seems that this method is for the
> compilication method, not for my case.
>
> If there is a method to test the complied executable file, would you let
> me know?

Yes, indeed, the INSTALL.rst describes the testing of the executable if
you compile the code yourself.

If you want to test a precompiled binary, you can try to execute

./bin/autotest2 -w ~/some/temporary/folder -p
/path/to/your/executable/dftb+ -f tests -s A -v

in the test/prog/dftb+ folder of the source. This would run the tests.
Some of them will fail, though, as the tests file is usually
preprocessed first using the compile time settings.