[DFTB-Plus-User] Band Gap calculation

Sarah Gamal s.abouelhasab at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 12:28:11 CET 2018

1)Are you comparing equivalent k-points between the different codes?

*Yes and I used more KPOINTS in DFTB*

2) What DFT functional are you using? DFTB functional tends to be similar
to GGA but with an overestimation of the gap in most cases (LDA might be
giving a smaller value).

*We have used GGA in DFT *

3) Is there anything special about the electronic structure of this system
(flat band correlation effects in moiré graphene)?

*Not pure flat, see attached file (black for spin up and blue for spin
down) *
Regards