[DFTB-Plus-User] MD in singlet and triplet excited states

nkarimov nkarimov at uci.edu
Tue Jun 5 21:42:53 CEST 2018

Hello,

I am trying to perform MD calculations in singlet and triplet excited
states.
My test molecule is a neutral molecule of Acrylic Acid.
When I run the MD in S1 state, everything works fine.
Unfortunately, when I have tried to do the same in S2, the fragmentation
of the molecule had a place and job was stopped with an Error message:
"Fractional fillings not currently possible for excited state property
calculations"

Can I do something with this or it is a source code issue?

My input:

Driver = VelocityVerlet {
   MovedAtoms = 1:-1
   Steps = 10000
   TimeStep = 5
   Thermostat = None {
   InitialTemperature [Kelvin] = 300.0
   }
   OutputPrefix = "md_nvt_1.out"
}

Hamiltonian = DFTB {
   Charge = 0
   SpinPolarisation = {}
   SCC = Yes
   MaxSCCIterations = 250
   SCCTolerance = 1.0e-4
   Mixer = Broyden {
   MixingParameter = 0.3
   }
   Differentiation = Richardson {}
   SlaterKosterFiles = Type2FileNames {
     Prefix = "/export/home/nkarimov/DFTB/mio-1-1/"
     Separator = "-"
     Suffix = ".skf"
   }
   MaxAngularMomentum {