[DFTB-Plus-User] Compiling DFTB+ MPI-NEGF

Wynand Dednam wdednam at gmail.com
Tue May 22 16:54:24 CEST 2018

Dear Balint,

Thank you very much for you prompt reply. My PhD supervisor advised I issue
"ldd dftb+" in the bash shell, and then I saw that the executable wasn't
linking to the correct libraries at run-time, even though it seemed to have
done so during compilation.

After fixing this, and also adding "-assume realloc_lhs" as a fortran
compiler option, the code worked. I ran all the tests and it only failed
for the EuN case. The electronic stress and the variable below it were too
large (1e-05).

I have another question regarding the compilation, if you don't mind? Is it
better to link dynamically or statically during compilation? I used the
Intel Link Advisor and chose static linking the last time I compiled dftb+,
which has been successful.

Thank you very much again for the quick reply and help. I will also issue "
ulimit -s unlimited" next time before I run dftb+.

Best regards,
Wynand