[DFTB-Plus-User] Execution error in Windows...!!! FAILED : Pointer Array Allocation

Krishna Mohan G.P. gpkmohan at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 11:08:03 CEST 2018

 Dear Sidhu

I think it is because of some problem related to RAM allocation (it was happened for the larger systems, in my case)

Compared to 64 bit version that 32 bit dftb+.exe has some limitations ("32-bit system can address a maximum of 4 gigabytes (4,294,967,296 bytes) of RAM. The actual limit is often less – around 3.5 gigabytes – since part of the registry is used to store other temporary values besides memory addresses.")

So that I am planning to compile it for a 64 bit and hopefully it will be available soon.

By the way can you mail your HSD file for me, so that I can try to run it in my Linux pc (or you already did it?)

thanks

km