[DFTB-Plus-User] Openmp vs. mpi

Morteza Chehel Amirani morteza.amirani at gmail.com
Fri May 4 23:25:44 CEST 2018

Dear Ben

Sorry for the delay in getting back to your email. I just had a chance to
look again into performance of the mpi vs openmp versions. The following
input file was tested and it turned out the mpi is much better if I use all
processors of each node, rather than running on x number of cpus (which was
the case in my previous email). For the attached file, it runs ~ 900 MD
steps whtihin 1:30 hours using 3 nodes and 32 cpus per node, while it runs
1900 steps within 6 hours using one node and 32 cpus of the node.

Sincerely,
Morteza