[DFTB-Plus-User] DFTB+ Geometry Relaxation external socket

James A Charles charlesj at purdue.edu
Wed Apr 25 05:43:57 CEST 2018

Hi,

Thank you very much for the response. I have tried the LBFGS and indeed that is the one I have had the most luck with. However, It still takes around a 1000 iterations and I was hoping that I could reduce that number. With the LBFGS algorithm, do you know how important the initial guess is? Is the final result dependent on the initial guess?

I have also tried larger systems with a solute embedded in the solvent and that is much more difficult to converge. I apply what I think is the standard procedure for geometry relaxation of first relaxing internal coordinates keeping the lattice vectors constant and then allowing cell relaxation.

Thanks,

James