[DFTB-Plus-User] Openmp vs. mpi

Ben Hourahine benjamin.hourahine at strath.ac.uk
Thu Apr 12 10:31:57 CEST 2018

Hello Morteza,

Could you give some more information about the system (ideally the total number of orbitals, but also if there is spin/kpoint s which the MPI code can use for improved performance with appropriate settings)? The performance improvements will saturate above a certain number of processors/cores (Amdahl's law) depending approximately on the problem size. Its possible that in both cases you may be above this limit.

Regards

Ben