[DFTB-Plus-User] normal modes displacement

Alessandro Landi alelandi1 at unisa.it
Mon Feb 12 16:39:50 CET 2018

Hello everyone.

I need to compute normal mode displacements for some molecules using
DFTB+.

I tried using the following input "modes_in.hsd"

Geometry = GenFormat {
<<< "geom.gen"
}

DisplayModes = {
 PlotModes = 1:-1
 Animate = No
}

SlaterKosterFiles = Type2FileNames {
    Prefix = "./" #If it is in a different directory, put the path
    Separator = "-"
    Suffix = ".skf"
}

Hessian = {
<<< "hessian.out"
}

After running I get the attached file "modes.xyz".

Could you please confirm that the xyz displacements (after the string
"atom_vector") are expressed in Angstroms?

Thank you for your help,

Alessandro