[DFTB-Plus-User] Excited State calculation: Multiple StateOfInterest and format of TRA.DAT

Dirk Ziemann dirk.ziemann at physik.hu-berlin.de
Thu Jun 29 17:11:14 CEST 2017

Dear Ben,

thank you very much for the quick response and your extensive help.

If I follow your explanation for the TRA.DAT file I have no further
problems with the output.

Concerning the exciton calculation, I am looking into a ZnO nanocrystal
(>1000 atoms). For this system I need the excition transition charges
(Mullikan/loewdin) to calculate the relaxation of excitons in the range
between the lowest excition and around 1 or 2 eV above.
I think I can construct the transition charges from the informations of
TRA.DAT, but there are only 4 significant digits, which might lead to
some inaccuracy.
Maybe you have any idea how I can simply extract the information to
build these transition charges or the wave function?

Thank you again and best wishes         Dirk