[DFTB-Plus-User] Socket Interface

Ben Hourahine benjamin.hourahine at strath.ac.uk
Tue Apr 25 13:29:14 CEST 2017

Hello Maxim,

the i-PI code always assumes that it is a periodic geometry, so its
protocol needs to send something (even if the geometry is really a
cluster). In the case of the geometry being non-periodic, for the moment
you could enclose it in a periodic box with a large vacuum region.

In the longer term, we plan to offer other choices than the i-PI
protocol, which would include actual cluster geometries.

Regards

Ben