[DFTB-Plus-User] Use of "Identity" line in Detailed.xml by Waveplot

Ben Hourahine benjamin.hourahine at strath.ac.uk
Sat Mar 12 10:22:28 CET 2016

Hello,

the integer identity value is used as a test for whether the suplied
binary eigenvector file is the expected one. This value is stored inside
the eigenvec.bin file when generated by dftb+, and is based on a
reasonably unique run ID for that specific calculation.

The value you have seems to be for a long integer. It should be less
than huge(integer), which for the machine I'm in front of now is
2147483647 (so 2^31 - 1) for default gfortran settings. If instead
kind(8) integers (or compilation with gfortran -finteger-4-integer-8)
huge is 9223372036854775807 (i.e. 2^63 - 1).

The value in your file is close to 2^62, which is too long for a 32 bit
integer to store it. The behavior you are getting is consistent with
using different compiler options when building dftb+ and waveplot, where
dftb+ was built with a longer default integer representation.

Try the code below using exactly the same compiler and options used for
building dftb+ and waveplot, and this might show the difference.

program test_digits
  implicit none
  integer         :: i = 12345
  integer(kind=8) :: li = 12345