[DFTB-Plus-User] Regarding Fermi energy

Gabriele Penazzi penazzi at uni-bremen.de
Tue Jan 19 17:48:47 CET 2016

Hi Kazuma,

the technique used by DFTB+ to calculate the Fermi level has been
already touched in the mailing list

https://mailman.zfn.uni-bremen.de/pipermail/dftb-plus-user/2011/000684.html

Short story, I can't see from your transmission but I would guess the
Fermi level is close to a band edge. At 0K you can compensate the
deficiency described in the link above by setting it in the middle of
the gap, and as it is also described in the SCC section of this online
tutorial
http://www.dftb-plus.info/fileadmin/DFTB-Plus/public/tutorials/cecamhp/html/transport.html

Best,
Gabriele