[DFTB-Plus-User] CNT Gate Settings

George D Kubas gdkubas at student.ysu.edu
Thu Dec 10 23:49:50 CET 2015

I have ran a 7 unit cell long 8,0 CNT which has resulted in an okay drain current versus gate voltage curve. I am currently running transport calculations on an 8,0 CNT that is 13 unit cells long, but there seems to be spikes in different sections of the drain current vs. gate voltage curve. I thought that maybe the gate dimensions I am using for the longer tube are poor, so I have been making curves for different gate lengths in the transport direction . I still am seeing spikes in the current at some gate voltages. So does anyone have any advice on gate dimensions or even about another setting that I may have incorrectly used in the device file? I have attached the device file, the IV curve for the 7 unit cell long tube as a reference, and the IV curves for two different gate lengths in the transport direction for the 13 unit cell long tube. Thank you for your time and help.

George D. Kubas
Materials Science PhD. Candidate
Youngstown State University
gdkubas at student.ysu.edu