[DFTB-Plus-User] Carbon nanotube in the dftb+ program

Gabriele Penazzi penazzi at uni-bremen.de
Wed Nov 25 04:43:51 CET 2015

Hi George,

it's a problem with the precision of the gen file. In the error message
you get a list of errors for each atom, which are quite small but above
the tolerance of the code. The tolerance is by default very low (1e-8
a.u.), you can override this setting by adding the line

ShiftAccuracy = 1e-5

in the block contact. With the new version of the code the default
tolerance is lower (1e-5), which probably makes sense because structures
are provided as formatted input files with a somewhat limited precision.

Best,
Gabriele