[DFTB-Plus-User] DFTB+ on Ubuntu

Gabriele Penazzi penazzi at uni-bremen.de
Mon Nov 23 04:25:59 CET 2015

Hi,

which kind of information do you need? On the website there are some
versions available for download with or without registration, in all the
cases the code is free to academics. It works without problems on
ubuntu. I compiled it myself in the past several times, all the needed
libraries/tools are availlable in ubuntu repositories.

However, as you mention it, there is currently no tools to produce STM
images. DFTB is not really born for this kind of job and it may or not
give decent results, due to the minimal basis set.

Gabriele