[DFTB-Plus-User] DFTB parameter sets for hydrogenated graphene and fluorinated graphene

Gabriele Penazzi penazzi at uni-bremen.de
Tue Aug 4 09:05:35 CEST 2015

On 08/04/2015 08:03 AM, JhonY. I. wrote:
> I'd like to obtain the reasonable electronic band structures of
> H-graphene and F-graphene using DFTB.
> However, the results obtained from "halogen" mio parameter set showed
> too large band gap and the incorrect band structure shape compared to
> DFT results.

Hi Young,

I made some work on F functionalized graphene nanoribbons sometimes ago
and the pbc set delivered results in good agreement with DFT, even
though not natively born for this application. It may depend on the
system (my case was edge functionalisation) but I would give it a try,
you can find it on dftb.org.

Regards,
Gabriele