[DFTB-Plus-User] Problem with new 3ob-3-1 library

PERSSON Martin Martin.PERSSON at 3ds.com
Mon Jul 27 17:05:25 CEST 2015

Dear All,

I downloaded the new 3ob-3-1 library and am currently validating it.
When I try to use 3ob_freq on an ethane molecule it now falls over in the eigenvalue solver.
>From a visual inspection of the skf libraries it appears we have a sign change for one of the C orbitals.
This makes the 3ob and 3ob_freq libraries incompatible.

Will the 3ob dependant libraries be updated on dftb.org too, or was the sign convention change a mistake?

Best Regards,

Martin PERSSON

SW Dev MS Info 1

Office: +44 12 2322 8707
martin.persson at 3ds.com<mailto:Martin.PERSSON at 3ds.com>

3DS.COM/BIOVIA<http://www.3ds.com/BIOVIA>

Dassault Systemes Biovia Ltd | 334/335 Cambridge Science Park Milton Road | CB4 0WN Cambridge | United Kingdom

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be confidential and/or privileged.

If you are not one of the named recipients or have received this email in error,

(ii) please notify sender of your receipt by reply email and delete this email and all attachments,

(iii) Dassault Systemes does not accept or assume any liability or responsibility for any use of or reliance on this email.

For other languages, go to http://www.3ds.com/terms/email-disclaimer