[DFTB-Plus-User] How to generate s-k files?

李捷 lijielile at gmail.com
Fri May 22 02:46:14 CEST 2015

Dear Dr. Aradi
Thank you very much for sending me the files and I appreciate it a lot for
your help. I will try to do some calculations of the system I am studying
using the the files you sent me and see what will the result looks like.

BTW, correct me if I am wrong, my understanding is that the s-k files for
any element are highly dependable on the environment the element resides
in. For example, the s-k files for Cu and C should be different in an
environment where there are only Cu and C atoms (in case such a system
exists) to those in an environment where there are  Cu, C, H, and O in the
system.

If the statement above is true, the system I am studying indeed contains
Cu, C, H and O and the s-k files I don't have is between Cu and C. To
generate s-k files for Cu and C which can best fit my system, I was
wondering to start with some simple compound like CuHCO3 which includes all
the elements I need but are much simpler in structure and use Material
Studio to generate the s-k files. Please let me know if this is the right
approach to proceed or if there is anything I am doing wrong?

Thanks again for your help.

Best,

Jie