[DFTB-Plus-User] NEGF: IV curve

Gabriele Penazzi penazzi at uni-bremen.de
Thu Apr 23 08:56:58 CEST 2015

Hi Michael,

the default unit for the bias in the input file is Hartree (we borrow
energy units to be consistent with the rest of input), see manual. If
you want to apply V you have to specify [eV] after the potential
keyword.  Therefore you're applying 0.2H=5.4V, not 0.2V as you think.
Considering this, the conductance look fine and you're being able to
converge at quite high bias.

I don't know what happens at 0.1H, but if you go to quite large bias you
should maybe check you're electrostatic (is the device still long enough
to let the potential relax correctly) and understand better if you step
in some event which may change your device behaviour (e.g. crossing
other bands, injecting charge in defect states etc.)

Best
Gabriele