[DFTB-Plus-User] NEGF 12,0 Nanotube

Gabriele Penazzi penazzi at uni-bremen.de
Sat Feb 28 08:37:54 CET 2015

--
Dr. Gabriele Penazzi BCCMS - University of Bremen
http://www.bccms.uni-bremen.de/ http://sites.google.com/site/gabrielepenazzi/ phone: +49 (0) 421 218 9328 mobile: +49 (0) 151 19650383 skype: gabriele.penazzi fax: +49 (0) 421 218 4764

> On 28/feb/2015, at 06:02, MF <foster362 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Fixing a few big typos, sorry DFTB community, I was in a rush:
>
>> I have been carrying out a few test NEGF calculations. I have been able to run several of the example calculations without a problem (i.e. nanoribbon); however, I'm having issues with a 12,0 nanotube. My transmission curve is not symmetric (not to mention it should be metallic, no gap)

Ups, i was reading (10,0), ignore what i said in last mail about the gap. Still the electron hole symmetry argument holds.

One of the reasons which can open a gap is distorsion in the lattice such as cnt deformation, wrong lattice vectors etc. I'll give it a look but meanwhile it can be a pointer what to look at.

Best
Gabriele