[DFTB-Plus-User] Gold Fermi Energy

Gabriele Penazzi penazzi at uni-bremen.de
Tue Feb 3 10:09:23 CET 2015

Hi Alessandro,

you can calculate it with dftb itself, and be sure to be consistent with
your parameter set.
Anyway, if you have a "normal" junction with fermi level deep between
Homo-Lumo gap, I don't think it makes a huge difference besides an
overall shift, excess/defect charges should be compensated in the gold
buffers. But once you have one, be consistent.

Best,
Gabriele

On 02/03/2015 09:37 AM, Alessandro Pirrotta wrote:
> Dear DFTB+ community,
>
> I would like to ask you if there is a correct value for the Fermi
> energy of gold.
> I am running an electron transport calculation of molecular junction
> with Au(111) and I am supposed to set the Fermi energy for the metal
> junction.
> I have found different values such -4.8 eV, -5.1 eV and -5.53 eV and I
> do not know on what basis I should pick one of them.
>
> Kind regards,
> Alessandro
>
> *Alessandro Pirrotta*
> PhD student