[DFTB-Plus-User] Compiling DFTB+ in MacOS

Bálint Aradi aradi at uni-bremen.de
Thu Aug 28 14:16:36 CEST 2014

Dear Argo,

On 08/28/2014 11:39 AM, Argo wrote:
> Dear Balint,
>
> I got errors like these below.
>
> By the way the python script that was attached in the past forum
> (http://www.dftb-plus.info/pipermail/dftb-plus-user/2014/001566.html) to
> remove white spaces in the macros did not really work for some reasons.
> I don't know why.

I do not have access to Mac OSX, I really can't make any guess without
some more details.

> cpp -traditional -DDEBUG=0
> -I/Users/jetchunchion/dftb_project/dftb+_1.2.2_src/prg_dftb/../lib_type/
> -I/Users/jetchunchion/dftb_project/dftb+_1.2.2_src/prg_dftb/../includes
> /Users/jetchunchion/dftb_project/dftb+_1.2.2_src/prg_dftb/../lib_type/linkedlist.F90

I am rather sure, that this is a CPP issue. I'll send you (directly, not
via the list) a modified version of the 1.2.2 release, where I
(hopefully) removed all issues which can disturb Mac's cpp. If we manage
to compile things, I'll make an official patch release out of it.

http://www.bccms.uni-bremen.de/cms/people/b_aradi/