[DFTB-Plus-User] How to install and compile DFTB+?

veerpal kaur dhiman v.veerpal.h at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 08:08:50 CEST 2014

Dear sir ,
      I am trying to install  dptools-0.1p3 in my system with Python-2.7.5
according to the instructions given in README file but i have problems
during installation. Errors during the installation are as follows :

gagan at gagan-desktop:~/dptools-0.1p3$ python setup.py --prefix
/home/gagan/dptools-0.1p3
usage: setup.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] ...]
   or: setup.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
   or: setup.py --help-commands
   or: setup.py cmd --help

error: option --prefix not recognized