[DFTB-Plus-User] Non-linear optical properties using DFTB+

SRKC Sharma Yamijala sharmajncasr at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 10:33:05 CEST 2014

Dear Dr. Aradi and Dr. Nénon, thank you for you response.

I would like to calculate the first and second hyperpolarizabilities
of Graphene Nanoflakes and PAHs. I am interested in using
semi-empirical methods as the number of systems I would like to study
are large (~ 500). Till now, I have used DFTB+ to optimize most of
them. Also, I've calculated NLO properties using ZINDO/CI (programs
re-written by my supervisor). But, I have seen the opportunity to
calculate the same even with MOPAC-2012. Finally, after seeing your
papers (Dr. Nenon) only I have asked the question of how to calculate
the non-linear optical properties using DFTB+. Thank you very much for
giving your hand to help us.

Regarding the questions: I will first read the papers carefully, then
I will try to ask you specific questions. What I need at this moment
is the general way to submit a calculation to get first and second
hyperpolarizabilities.

We are also programming, at present, to get Two-photon-absorption from
ZINDO/CI method. So, please let me know if any such things are
available with DFTB+.

Thanking you,
Sincerely,
Sharma.