[DFTB-Plus-User] Meaning of 'Interacting PLs' in DFTB+NEGF log file

anz118466 at cse.iitd.ac.in anz118466 at cse.iitd.ac.in
Mon May 5 08:50:45 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I am simulating my system using the DFTB+NEGF package. I had a small doubt
regarding the information generated from the simulation. My device region
consists of 3 PLs and the log file generated from the run consists of the
following message:

** Geometry step: 0

  Structure info:
  Number of PLs:           3
  Interacting PLs:           2           1

I presume that the 'Structure info' denotes the total number of PLs in the
device region. But, what does the 'Interacting PLs' field stand for? Is it
denoting the corresponding PL that is in contact with the source and
drain?

Thanks and Regards,
Anusha Iyer