[DFTB-Plus-User] Failture in GetMaxGDispersion

Bálint Aradi balint.aradi at bccms.uni-bremen.de
Tue Mar 4 15:11:27 CET 2014

Dear Richie,

> I looked into the source code and found out that the function
> getMaxGDispersion(eta, c6sum, minValue) result(xx) gives this error when
> (yy > minValue .and. xx <= huge(1.0_dp)) is never fulfilled.
> But I cannot get a direct logical connection to my input.

Your problem is the very asymmetrical unit cell: only ca. 2 Angstrom
wide in lateral direction, but over 1000 (!) Angstrom in height. This
causes problems for the Ewald-like summation of the 1/r^6 dispersion
terms. Just make the height of your cell somewhat lower. It really
should not matter much, whether you have 500 or 1000 Angstrom between
your graphene layers.

http://www.bccms.uni-bremen.de/cms/people/b_aradi/