[DFTB-Plus-User] how to use planar gate?

Gabriele Penazzi gabriele.penazzi at bccms.uni-bremen.de
Thu Oct 24 09:43:10 CEST 2013

On 08/20/2013 06:12 PM, Xiaobao wrote:
> Dear DFTB users,
> I have some questions about planar gate:
> Does it mean we have two gates, bottom and top gate? The GatePotential
> is the one we apply to top gate and as a default the bottom gate
> connect to ground?
> Is there any way I can set an insulator between two gates?
> Thanks,
> Best,
> xiaobao,

Hi Xiaobao,

no, the planar gate is not a double gate, is a "real" planar gate, i.e.
it imposes Dirichlet bc on a single squared region. There are more
possible gate geometries incoming, but as they're not properly tested,
they are not supported in the current version. Same for the dielectric.

Regards,
Gabriele

Dr. Gabriele Penazzi
BCCMS - University of Bremen