[DFTB-Plus-User] Slater-Koster parameters of Si-B

Gabriele Penazzi gabriele.penazzi at bccms.uni-bremen.de
Thu Oct 17 09:14:00 CEST 2013

On 10/16/2013 04:38 PM, n.salami at srbiau.ac.ir wrote:
> Dear Gabriele Penazzi
>
> Tanks for your guidance. Generally, how I can calculate the transport
> properties of  p-type SiNW by DFTB+NEGF?
> can I add extra charge to SiNW, instead in the impurity dopping in SiNW
> and then calculate the its transport properties.

Dear Nadia,

yes, you can do that and this is also what we do in some cases. You can
do that by changing the amount of electron in the Si-Si Slater Koster
files, this corresponds to a virtual degenerate doping.

Try for example to run a band structure with the usual SK files, then
change the population in the Si-Si SK files (end of second line) from
2.0 to a slightly smaller value and compare the position of the Fermi
level in the two cases, referring to the band structure.

Playing around with this idea you can build your p-type wire, p-i-p or
whatever.

Best,
Gabriele