[DFTB-Plus-User] "Failure in diagonalisation routine dsygvd.." error

Jan M. Knaup Jan.Knaup at bccms.uni-bremen.de
Wed Jul 10 16:25:22 CEST 2013

Dear Vinay,

your problem is most probably caused by two atoms coming too close to each
other. The problem ist connected to the 1091st orbital in the system. You
can find out which atom it belongs to by counting the orbitals of the atoms
in your geometry ("s" atoms have 1 orbital, "p" atoms ave 4 and "d" atoms
have 9).

Changing miximg parameters or other parameters of the electronic
calculation is not likely to help, because the converged electronic
structure should always be the same. I suggest that you carefully check the
last output geometry that is written by the program, it should give you
some hint at what is going wrong with your calculations.

Best,
Jan

Jan M. Knaup                      | Fon +49-(0)421-218-62351
Dipl. Phys. Dr. rer. nat.         | Fax +49-(0)421-218-62770
Universität Bremen - BCCMS        |
Am Fallturm 1                     | Jan.Knaup at bccms.uni-bremen.de
28359 Bremen                      | JanKnaup at gmail.com
Germany                           | www.bccms.uni-bremen.de