[DFTB-Plus-User] Help on melting quartz to obtain amorphous silica

苏锐 su_rui at outlook.com
Wed May 22 03:51:08 CEST 2013

Hi!

    I am now trying to obtain amorphous silica through the melting and quenching procedure. The initial system is built using a 2x2x2 supercell of beta-cristobalit containing 192 atoms. I meet a problem that the quenched structure is “defect free”. That means no non-bridging oxygen atoms or 5-member rings etc. that might exist in amrphous structure. I think there might be some error in my md input. Would someone have a look at my input and give some advices?

   Here is my input:

Geometry = GenFormat {
    <<< silica222.gen
}

Driver = VelocityVerlet {
    MovedAtoms    = 1:-1
    TimeStep [fs] = 1.0
    Thermostat = NoseHoover {
        Temperature [Kelvin] = TemperatureProfile {
            # initial temperature = 4000K
            constant    1    4000
            # melt at 4000K for 5ps = 5000 step
            constant    5000 4000