[DFTB-Plus-User] information regarding GW within DFTB+

Manuel Pérez Jigato perez at lippmann.lu
Wed Apr 24 18:07:26 CEST 2013

Dear Balint

thanks a lot for your reply
My intention is to calculate alloys InxGa1-xN, including bulk structures
and alloy surfaces as well
Clearly large-scale calculations with DFT seem to be out of the question,
especially if you want to do GW band structures

If I could guess, it would be easy to see that in order to do band
structure calculations, you need k-point sampling, which, in your case does
not seem to be implemented

I have just found a recent paper, though, that shows InxGa1-xN alloys with
DFTB+, but there is no GW there. Apparently good band-gaps were realised
for the InN, GaN compounds and the alloys InxGa1-xN also. Is there any
chance I could use that parameterisation for my large scale geometry
optimisations of bulk alloys and also surface structures?

regards

Manuel