[DFTB-Plus-User] A question about GatePotential

Xiaobao xiaobaojsyz at 163.com
Fri Apr 19 19:42:50 CEST 2013

Hi,
        I have a question about the unit of GatePotential. In the manual, the unit of this potential is in eV. Let 's assume I have a system of 100 "free" electrons and the setting gate potential of 1eV.  The free electrons may come from doping, for example.  Does this setting imply that the circuital potential is  0.01 Volt ? Otherwise, how can i set a circuital voltage of 1 V to  the system of 100 free electrons?
Thank you!
Xiaobao,