[DFTB-Plus-User] R: DFTB+NEGF with a gate contact

Alessandro Pecchia pecchia at ing.uniroma2.it
Mon Mar 18 19:19:19 CET 2013

Hello,

The gate direction should be general now. I also checked the code. In case
download the latest release.

Direction is specified by GateDirection = 1 2 or 3  (1==x, 2==y, 3==z)

GateDistance controls the distance of the gate from the central axis of the
Poisson Box.

Therefore it should be consistent with the numbers used in
PoissonBox=(Lx,Ly,Lz)

In practice GateDistance < Ly/2   (for a gate in y direction)

Remember that default units are [AtomicUnits] and not [Angstrom].

Alex.