[DFTB-Plus-User] Energy Conservation for MD in dftb+

Ben Hourahine benjamin.hourahine at strath.ac.uk
Tue Dec 18 11:29:57 CET 2012

Hello gxaaas,

your system probably contains H atoms bonded to something light, the
time step needs to be fast enough to properly sample the
vibrational dynamics. I'd first try a smaller time step (0.1fs). Just to
check, you are using an NVE ensemble, so no thermostat or barostat?

Regards

Ben

--
      Dr. B. Hourahine, SUPA, Department of Physics,
    University of Strathclyde, John Anderson Building,
    +44 141 548 2325, benjamin.hourahine at strath.ac.uk

  Strathclyde 2012 THE Awards UK University of the Year

   The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body,
        registered in Scotland, number SC015263