[DFTB-Plus-User] MD in dftb+

ali sadeghi ali.sadeqi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 10:19:09 CET 2012

Hi there,

The "electronic temperature" is not (much) relevance with T, the
"temperature of the thermostat", which is applied to the ions. Even at T=0
you might use finite electronic temperature as a trick which overcomes the
convergence problem and then extrapolate the energy to T=0. So you can use
an appropriate electronic temperature which better accelerates the SCC
convergence, and this choice can be independent of T.

Best,
Ali.